Sunday, June 16, 2013

One month anniversary

Roses <3

Btw- I'm a silly nut.

I recently had my roka ceremony, well it was exactly a month ago on the 15th of May, 2013. This was a traditionally punjabi ceremony we had at the Hyatt, and it was reaaally beau.tee.ful!

For those of you not familiar with "punjabi's" or the roka ceremony ('cuz I had no idea what it was!) it's basically like the first time the soon to be bride and groom's family meets each other. It's the first official wedding event and its a step before the engagement. It's kind of like a betrothal. 

I had this ceremony 'cuz my soon to be fiance is ethnically an Indian punjabi. Coming back to why I'm a silly nut, I had the most beautiful roses delivered right to my doorstep today.

I get a card with it, so I know they're from him and I automatically assume he's sent them to apologise 'cuz we had a bit of a tiff the day before (Did I mention he's in New York and I'm all the way on the other side of the globe so we only talk for 5 minutes on the phone twice a day). The distance was really getting to us I suppose. And oh he'd left to fly off to New York the night of the roka and his family followed soon after.

So anyway, I ring him my evening time, his morning time and I go-

Me: Can't I get regular you're a wonderful person flowers, as opposed to I'm sorry flowers all the time?
Him: Wait, huh. They're not I'm sorry flowers. I sent them 'cuz it's the 15th.
Me: What's so special about the 15th?

Now I really want to go back in time and smack myself.

Him: Babe, it's the 15th. Our roka was exactly a month ago? Happy anniversary.
Me: *mentally kicking myself*

So much for the woman's the sappy romantic one. Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I hope your day is all ice cream and unicorns ♥